domingo, abril 22, 2007

The Apartment

In two years I haven’t filled the ice cube tray

“Is twelve o’clock tomorrow, alright?”

Sitting on the computer chair I wait for them to leave my apartment

My slowly undoes itself

Possible renters wear shoes, t-shirts, pants

The poet doesn’t remember saying she wanted to write a three-sentence novel

I make a disc of ninety-five photos for a friend who just bailed on our moving plans

Lately I don’t haul ass and I'm tired of being alone

Gurgle is all that occurs to me or, I am lonely as hail

Movers, answer the phone at ten p.m. on a Sunday

Moochers sound better as lickplates

My selfishness extends to licking plates

Can I have a drag?

5 comentarios:

  1. Are you finishing up your MFA?

    Good god I am going to be glad to be done with grad. schoo1!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hey Mark,

    So glad you still look at this meager blog--you and about 2 people, I'd guess. And yes, the powers that be are supposed to give me an MFA. I hope it turns up in the mail. I'm ready to be done too, but I am going to miss a lot of people here. Let's meet up on the East Coast, go swimming.

    Missing the ocean,
    Cheryl

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

    I don't know when I'll be back on the East Coast--am teaching this summer and Rachel has comps., etc. But if you are ever in NYC we should, uh go swimming...I think you can do that somewhere around here. There's a beach on my campus, actually, but I don't know if people swim in it. The water, that is.

    It's hard to imagine being landlocked like that in Iowa. I guess though that isn't for much longer for you...

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Hey Cheryl.

    So you're finishing up school soon? It'll be good to see you back in here in Boston.

    Joe

    ResponderBorrar
  5. thanks Joe, see you soon

    ResponderBorrar