viernes, julio 22, 2005

Creeley

Not unlike many others, I've been spending a lot of time with Robert Creeley's writings. I remember his reading on the porch of the Longfellow House in Cambridge when he talked about Acton, MA and read his poems about his travels abroad--(at the moment I can't remember the collection). More recently, I had signed up for his workshop in July at the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, but you know how the story goes...

There is an excellent video of a reading and conversation with Creeley on April 1, 2004 at the University of Chicago. He tells a great little story about leaving a jazz club one night! See Video of Creeley reading.

May good company continue...

1 comentario:

  1. I still can't get over his death. I was on a coach travelling from London to Gloucester (England not Massachussetts) when a dear friend phoned me in floods of tears. It took a good few minutes to calm her down sufficiently to share her grief. I must admit I spent much of the rest of the journey weeping (silently, of course, I'm English after all). I have the CD on Jagjaguwar which is on much of the time now. So much humanity in that voice.

    "I think therefore I am self-conscious"

    ResponderBorrar