lunes, agosto 30, 2004

August notes

Aug 5------------
Unlike this bug, if I were to be flung to the ground at a height one hundred times my size, I wouldn't scurry or crawl away after the landing. I am not as agile.
Poor humans.


Aug 6------------
'll show you my family tree so you know not to reference the stupidity
of a Billy Bob or someone living in a trailer park
like the ones my grandparents lived in.
I'll say "no thank you." You didn't even make me chuckle.


Aug 8------------
I was talking to my mom on Thursday and I told her that I don't talk to my sisters very often. I told her that they must think I'm a bad aunt. She said, "No. Well, you don't have much in common besides being sisters." My mom makes me laugh how poignantly brief she can make a true observation. I've always thought that my sisters were so much older than me that we didn't have much to say. It seems that when I realized this, I began to change it.

I always thought my mother's common sense pragmatism had a monstrously stifling affect on my creativity. Yet, there are moments when she says so much in a few words that I wonder if she has instead inspired the poetic thread in me. It's brief truth moments.


Aug 9------------

Preoccupation=
before occupation

and before
I would have thought
distracted

I scan magazines
event planning to disease

a quiet demeanor
is unoccupied

a quietly enraging demeanor
is occupied

occupation has become
my preoccupation

It is a condition
I'm looking into
while I am not inside it



Aug 10------------

Rain is exercise
to come

I love blackstrap
molasses on Bisquick
roll
some on my tongue

green beans
sliced tomatoes with black pepper
corn cobs
BBQ pork sandwiches fried flat on the pan
fried potatos
mashed potatos patted into
potato pancakes after adding a little bit of egg



Aug 15------------

Time for showdown
in store for
thievery
hold up
I'm catching up
to a memory
of my brief acting days
as a convenient store
robber in the black box
theatre



Mid-August------------


My Questions:

Will underlining
go out of style
when highlighting
satisfies all?


Will I be diagnosed
with post-beginning
tramautic disorder
because the middle
can seems so bland?


Will the shoe shine
busy bee miss me?


Will the Charles river
sailor woman drop her keys
into never-retrieve?


Will his lost gaze
sit atop his slumped spine?


Will there be enough time
for me to begin?


How is that we
must wake up
to ourselves?



Aug 30------------

Damn poetry

Our poetry
doesn't
move
that
fast
says
bookstore
owner


"Books of poetry, my dear Miguel, catch on very slowly." I encountered this quote written in a letter to Miguel Hernandez from Frederico Garcia Lorca. It reads (Translated by Timothy Balard. I need to find the original Spanish.)

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario